BOUTIQUE COTTAGE IN DARTMOOR, DEVON, UK
Moorland View is a luxury holiday cottage in the ancient thatched village of North Bovey, in the wooded hills of Dartmoor National Park, Devon, England.
Geared for lovebirds, it has luxurious décor, a cosy log-burning stove, vintage copper bath for two, original wood-beamed walls, walled rose garden and beautiful views of Dartmoor. Luxurious touches include a state-of-the-art Sonos music system, king-sized beds piled high with plump pillows, scented candles, glossy magazines and marshmallows for toasting on the fire.
North Bovey is one of the UK's prettiest and best preserved thatched villages, with an oak-shaded green, medieval church and wonderful 13th century pub, the Ring of Bells, which has serves delicious food and West Country real ales in a fireside setting. The village is secluded and peaceful, with the only sounds birdsong, distant church and the occasional clip-clopping of hooves from passing horses.
Guests of our luxury Devon cottage have unlimited use of the spa, jacuzzi, sauna, pool, golf, gym and tennis facilities of nearby five-star country club Bovey Castle, with up to 25% off treatments, food and drink.
An artisanal breakfast is included for your first morning, with just-baked bread, fruity preserves, crunchy granola, a bowl of fresh fruit, and farmhouse butter and bottled milk from our local dairy.
There are beautiful riverside, woodland and hilltop walks on the cottage's doorstep, with dozens more across Dartmoor and South Devon. Our bespoke guide details the best. Two-Michelin starred restaurant Gidleigh Park is a 20-minute drive away, and for beach lovers, the sandy coves of South Devon aren't far.
Our luxury Devon Cottage has had great reviews in the press, with Tatler naming it one of Britain's most romantic cottages for honeymooners, Conde Nast Traveller calling it one of Britain's best holiday houses and The Times dubbing it 'seriously sexy' in a feature about Britain's best cottages in national parks.
We invite you to look around our website and look forward to welcoming you to Moorland View.
- Luxury cottage in thatched Devon village
- Two bedrooms (king & king/two singles)
- Huge copper bath for two
- Cosy log-burning stove
- Window seats with Dartmoor views
- Romantic walled rose garden
- Fantastic thatched village pub serving delicious food
- Complimentary use of five-star country club and spa
- Artisanal breakfast included
- Beautiful woodland, riverside and hilltop walks
- Use of his and hers mountain bikes
- Flexible stays, with no minimum period
- Add-ons include hampers and honeymoon packages
- 100% five-star reviews on Tripadvisor
- Two Michelin-star Gidleigh Park nearby
- Under an hour to South Devon's finest sandy beaches
- One small/medium-sized dog considered
- Suitable for babes-in-arms, but not suitable for children or the elderly
- Prices from £125 per night
Illustration by Sara Nunan, exclusively for Moorland View Cottage
NORTH BOVEY, DARTMOOR NATIONAL PARK, DEVON, UK
Stayed with us before? We offer preferential rates for previous guests. Just contact us before you book. x