We love our furry friends here at Moorland View (we have one ourselves), but ask you to agree to the following:
1. My dog is an adult (aged over 12 months) and is fully housetrained.
2. My dog is a small or medium-sized breed (no larger than a spaniel).
3. I understand that I am only permitted to bring one dog to the cottage.
4. I will use the blanket provided to protect the entire sofa during the course of my stay. I will not let my dog on the sofa while he/she is wet.
5. I will not leave my dog alone in the cottage if it suffers from separation anxiety.
6. I will clear up dog mess from the garden.
7. I will not allow my dog on the beds.
8. I agree to pay any charges for repair due to pet stains and/or damage, as determined within the sole discretion of Moorland View.
9. I will ensure that my dog does not disrupt the quiet enjoyment of neighbours.
10. I release Moorland View, its employees and owners from any and all liability for any injury and/or damage suffered by my dog. I agree that I assume full responsibility for any injury or damage caused or alleged to be caused by my pet.
11. I understand that if my dog disturbs livestock, it may legally be shot.
12. I agree to pay £15 when I book to cover deep cleaning.
By booking with us, you agree to the above.
GOOD TO KNOW
- The garden is fairly secure, but there are low walls so we can't guarantee your dog will not be able to escape
- Floor space for a dog bed is limited and there's no space for indoor games - sorry!
- We provide dog towels
- We provide a throw to protect the sofa
- There are spare poo bags in the watering can hanging up in the garden porch
- There's a hosepipe in the alleyway for washing off your dog (and a river at the bottom of the hill)
- Sheep, cattle and wild horses graze on Dartmoor. Please keep your dog on a lead if they are likely to chase livestock. Farmers are legally entitled to shoot dogs if their animals are disturbed. If you'd like suggestions for dog walks where there are no livestock, just ask.