LUXURY devon COTTAGE
romantic breaks, honeymoons & Minimoons
Country strolls and crackling fires, picnics and pints in pub gardens, spa treatments and starry skies - a break at our luxury Devon cottage mixes life's loveliest pleasures.
This romantic little cottage, in an ancient thatched village in the hills of Dartmoor National Park, has two divine bedrooms with king-sized beds layered with crisp white linens and plump pillows, a vintage copper bath for two and rainstorm shower, open log fire, original wood-beamed walls, dreamy views and a walled rose garden.
You'll arrive to a complimentary bottle of wine and snacks and, for your first morning, an artisanal breakfast of just-baked bread, farmhouse butter and fruity preserves. Other luxuries include marshmallows for toasting on the fire, use of a state-of-the-art Sonos music system, DVD library, scented candles and glossy magazines. We offer cottage honeymoon and minimoon packages, luxury hampers and oven-ready meals.
As a guest at our luxury Dartmoor cottage, you'll have complimentary VIP access to five-star country club Bovey Castle and up to 25% off food, drinks and treatments. You can have a knock-about on the tennis courts, round of golf on the championship course, a soothing massage, swim and sauna, or just let the day drift lazily by, wine glass in hand, gazing at far-reaching views of Dartmoor from the castle's sunny terrace.
Back at the cottage, you'll be sitting pretty in one of the UK's most idyllic and best preserved ancient villages. North Bovey, in the lushly-wooded eastern side of Dartmoor, has an oak-shaded green surrounded by treacle-tinted thatched houses, medieval church, ancient stepping stones spanning a fresh river and a traditional wobbly-walled thatched pub, the Ring of Bells, which is famed throughout Devon for its delicious food. The village is secluded and incredibly peaceful; the only thing you'll hear is birdsong, distant church bells and the occasional clip-clopping of hooves from passing horses.
There are beautiful woodland, riverside and moorland walks on the cottage's doorstep, with dozens more across Dartmoor National Park. In this 365-square-mile wilderness, you'll enter a world of heather-topped moors, craggy peaks, thatched hamlets, Stone-Age hut circles, fairytale castles, grand stately homes and wooded gorges, where wild horses roam and birds of prey wheel in the skies. Foodies will love the fantastic choice of pubs, cafes and restaurants, particularly Gidleigh Park, which has two Michelin stars. Beach lovers are well catered for too, with Devon's finest sandy coves an hour's drive from the cottage.
We guarantee that a romantic getaway at our luxury Devon cottage will leave you with some of the best memories of your life. But don't just take our word for it: read the glowing reviews the public and press have written about us. Tatler named us one of Britain's most romantic cottage breaks, Conde Nast Traveller calls us one of Britain's most luxurious rental holiday houses, while The Times dubs us 'seriously sexy' in their feature about Britain's best cottages in national parks. And because every single one of our guests rates our luxury Devon cottage five-star, we're awarded Tripadvisor's Certificate of Excellence year after year. We look forward to welcoming you for a romantic cottage break or cottage honeymoon or minimoon.
- Luxury cottage in Dartmoor, Devon, for romantic breaks, honeymoons and mini-moons
- Two bedrooms (king & king/two singles)
- Huge copper bath for two and rainstorm shower
- Open log fire (firewood provided)
- Complimentary VIP use of five-star country club
- Fantastic village pub
- Artisanal breakfast included
- Free Wi-Fi
- Smart TV with DVD player and movie library
- Free parking
- Beautiful woodland, riverside and hilltop on the doorstep
- Window seats with Dartmoor views
- Romantic walled rose garden
- Use of his and hers mountain bikes
- Complimentary use of wellington boots
- Flexible stays, with no minimum period
- Breakfast available for £10 per couple
- Luxury packages available, including hampers and honeymoon packages
- 100% five-star reviews on Tripadvisor
- Two Michelin-star Gidleigh Park nearby
- Under an hour to South Devon's finest sandy beaches
- Bespoke Dartmoor and South Devon travel guide
- One small/medium-sized dog accepted for an extra £15 (please read our Pet Promise)
- Suitable for babes-in-arms. With regret, not suitable for children or the disabled
- Prices from £160/night, with a 10% discount on weekly stays. Use code LONGSTAY10
OUR VILLAGE - north bovey, dartmoor
Illustration by Sara Nunan, exclusively for Moorland View Cottage
NORTH BOVEY, DARTMOOR NATIONAL PARK, DEVON, UK
Stayed with us before? We offer preferential rates for previous guests. Just contact us before you book. x