8 Reasons Why We’re The Perfect UK Honeymoon Destination
Eight excellent reasons why you should spend your UK honeymoon at Moorland View Cottage, Devon
1. Moorland View is one of the UK’s most romantic holiday cottages for honeymooners
What could be more romantic than spending your honeymoon in a chocolate-box thatched cottage? Geared for lovebirds, Moorland View has sumptuous beds layered in fine linens, a vintage slipper bath for two, romantic log burning stove, wood-beamed walls and dreamy views. We’ve been named one of the UK’s most romantic cottages for honeymooners, with reviews in Tatler, Conde Naste Traveller and The Times.
2. We offer uber-gorgeous cottage honeymoon packages
Our honeymoon package includes a bottle of champagne on ice for your arrival, rose petals for scattering on the bed and a box of delicious artisan chocolates.
3. We’re in one of Devon’s prettiest villages
North Bovey is one of the UK’s most romantic honeymoon destinations, with clusters of thatched cottages grouped around an oak-shaded village green, 13th century church, fabulous pub and fairytale views of Dartmoor.
3. We’re surrounded by wildly romantic countryside, with walks galore
Dartmoor is one of the UK’s largest wildernesses, where walks take you into a world of wuthering moors, lushly wooded glades, gushing rivers and remote thatched hamlets. Check our guide to the most romantic things to do on a Devon honeymoon or mini-moon.
4. You won’t have to cook unless you want to
Some of the UK’s most romantic restaurants and cosiest pubs are on our doorstep, including Michelin-starred Gidleigh Park. We offer a range of luxurious extras, including oven-ready meals and breakfasts.
5. You’ll have complimentary use of a luxury pool, spa, sauna and country club
As a honeymooner at Moorland View, you’ll have free membership of Bovey Castle, with up to 25% off treatments, food and drink
6. You’ll have all the luxury of staying in a hotel, but with oodles more space and privacy
Your own log fire, your own sofa .. there’s no sharing with complete strangers at Moorland View.
7. You won’t be woken up by other guests, or by housekeeping knocking on your door
Moorland View is in an incredible peaceful village, where the only sounds are birdsong, distant church bells and the occasional clip-clopping of horses’ hooves. Far more romantic than hearing your neighbour’s toilet flushing, or housekeeping knocking on your door, don't you agree?
8. We won’t fail you
We’ve been welcoming honeymooners for over 12 years, with 100% five-star reviews on Tripadvisor. Most come back year after year for their anniversaries.
Other articles you may be interested in: